Blog entry by E.C. IELTS
A thesaurus is a dictionary of synonyms. There are several online thesauruses which are free to use.
We will look at three different online synonyms and you will decide which one you like the best. While you look at the thesauruses, think about the following questions to help you decide.
- How well does it present the different synonyms of a word? Does it clearly list different meanings of the word?
- Does it give help with the pronunciation of the word? How?
- Does it give you extra information about any of the synonyms?
- Does it give you example sentences for any synonyms?
- What other words or information does it include?
Take a look at the links below for more information: