User blog: E.C. IELTS
In Part 2 of the speaking test you have to speak about a topic for two minutes. You have one minute to make notes and it is important to be able to make effective notes. This will help you a lot when you are speaking.
Describe a memorable journey you have made
You should say:
and explain what made the journey so memorable
The topic is a memorable journey and you need to say where, how, why and what was memorable about it. These four things should be the things you make notes about to ensure you stay focused on the task.
Here is one way you could organise your notes:
Beach, La Guajira desert in Colombia
Travelling, holiday with friends, guidebook
Scenery of desert, local indigenous people
Some people like to make mind maps:
Other people prefer to just write key words without headings:
La Guajira Colombia
A thesaurus is a dictionary of synonyms. There are several online thesauruses which are free to use.
We will look at three different online synonyms and you will decide which one you like the best. While you look at the thesauruses, think about the following questions to help you decide.
- How well does it present the different synonyms of a word? Does it clearly list different meanings of the word?
- Does it give help with the pronunciation of the word? How?
- Does it give you extra information about any of the synonyms?
- Does it give you example sentences for any synonyms?
- What other words or information does it include?
Take a look at the links below for more information: